Dear Parents, Sons and Daughters: Welcome to the Site. The site brings to you the charitable activities of the Trust which has been set up in memory of Late Shreeram Radhakrishnan ( Son of Mr. Ramaswami Radhakrishnan and Mrs. Lalitha Radhakrishnan), who left this planet earth for heavenly abode on the 3rd of December 2012 after a brief journey on this earth. A journey, the first eighteen years of which brought happiness and joy to all who came in contact with Shreeram and the last eighteen months was a period of extreme suffering the kind of which one wouldn’t want even one’s enemy to undergo.
Why help the not-so-lucky? We are all on a short journey on this planet earth. Only one thing is certain in everyone’s life and that is Death. Why not when we are here and alive, do something for the underprivileged that will make their lives a bit more comfortable? Make people feel that here is a person who cares. Cares selflessly. The disparities in life are huge. The underprivileged do need our help. We the ones who have been more blessed by God. It is our duty to help the underprivileged in whatever form we can. But, help we must. When each one of us does his or her best we may end up having a better planet. The task is gigantic no doubt. But we all can contribute our might, in whatever small way we can. It is with this intention that this Public Charitable Trust was started in Shreeram’s memory.
If after our death we were to meet God, God will not ask us what wealth we accumulated during our journey on the earth but he surely will ask – what we did with that wealth? Let us all open our hearts and do our bit. Our bit to make this planet a better place by helping the underprivileged. It is these small bits of help, donations, that have the potential and power of ushering in a transformation. All the activities of our Trust are covered in the website along with some photographs.
- A short film on the 5th Annual Educational Financial Assistance Award Function for the Underprivileged Students.
- youtu.be/z0MYlnnTBkI (a 4 min video on our Trust )
1) To enable and sustain the dreams of needy aspiring young minds by providing financial assistance to pursue their education , opening free coaching centres (Shikshaangans / Anganwadis) for the underprivileged students, and working towards spreading Science & Computer Knowledge amongst the underprivileged.
2) To spread awareness of the menace of TB in India and how to prevent it’s spread.
A) EDUCATION :
1) Provide educational financial assistance to the determined less fortunate & underprivileged section of the society and enable them to further pursue their education.
2) Set up Shikshaangans (Free Coaching Centres) for Underprivileged Students, as a part of our charitable activity, where they will be provided academic coaching and opportunities for their all-round development (through personal interaction, counseling, confidence building measures, making them feel that people care by – celebrating various functions with them, providing them the necessary educational aids and other necessary requirements) .
3) To start Science & Technology Clubs to inculcate the spirit of scientific enquiry.
4) Computer Literacy Drive for the Municipal school students.
5) To recognize meritorious students.
6) Adoption of a Village …. with a view to upgrade the Village Anganwadis, local school, library, etc.
7) Conduct socially relevant campaigns like Drug abuse, workshop for adolescent girls, etc
B) MEDICAL :
1) Conduct sustained campaigns through the use of Pamphlets, Videos, Street Plays, Competitions, Seminars and through social media to spread the message as well as to urge and motivate people to fight against menace of the spread of Tuberculosis.
2) Provide medical assistance on case to case basis to the deserving patients.
Trustees of ‘SHREERAM RADHAKRISHNAN MEMORIAL TRUST’
Seated (L to R).. Brigadier Dharamprakash, Ramaswami Radhakrishnan , Lalitha Radhakrishnan standing (L to R)..Krishnadutt Grover, Raghavan Srinivas, Dr. Rahul Patoria, Abid Nagaria, Ganesh Ramaswamy and Anil Kartha.
The team can’t be better!!
Details of the Trustees:
1) Mr. R. Radhakrishnan : He is a Chemical Engineer who has worked in Oil & Gas Industry and has taught for 10 yrs Chemical Engineering in a Mumbai University College. At present he is the President of the Trust. ( Phone No. 9224284929 )
2) Mrs. Lalitha Radhakrishnan: She is a post graduate in Physics, self employed and Secretary of the Trust.
3) Brigadier Dharamprakash: He has retired from the Army and at present the Vice President of the Trust.
4) Mr. Raghavan Srinivas: He is a Chartered Accountant and an expert in indirect taxes and is the Treasurer of the Trust.
5) Mr. Rajesh Grover : He is a self made businessman and is the Joint Treasurer of the Trust.
6) Dr. Rahul Patoria: He is an Opthalmic Surgeon and is the Joint Secretary of the Trust.
7) Mr. Ganesh Ramaswamy: He is a retd. Bank Manager, holds a Masters in Financial Management. He is at present a Trustee of the Trust.
8) Mr. Abid Nagaria: He is a Chartered Accountant and an expert in Direct Tax. He is at present a Trustee of the Trust.
9) Mr. Anil Kartha : His specialization is in Pharmaceuticals and is at present a Trustee of the Trust.
Please contact us at email@example.com