Wish to Donate for a Noble Cause?
Wish to Donate for a Noble Cause? We are sure that you have gone through our website. Please read the write-up below which gives a summary of what we do/have done/plan to do, and if satisfied, we would welcome you to donate to our cause. You won’t be disappointed. ( For the present academic year we need your help.)
We generally have a question. Will my donation for a noble cause go the right persons as intended? This is a natural question and we assure that the amount you donate will surely reach the needy as you desire. The following will reassure you that your donation will be fully used for the noble cause and intention that you have (We communicate with the Donor and inform the donee how his donation has been put to use with full details and the contacts of the person/persons who have benefitted and also acknowledge the same on our website):
1) Our Overheads are Nil as of now.
2) We run Six Shikshaangans ( Free coaching centres for underprivileged students, six days a week). Along with academics, we conduct a number of programmes for the students, celebrate different events including birthdays, conduct competitions and take them on educational tours.
3) In our 1st year of existence we financially supported the Education of 24 students; in the second year the number increased to 82, and the number has kept increasing year after year. In the Academic year 2019-2020, the number of students financially supported by our Trust increased to 251 and to 220 students in 2020-2021( the pandemic affected the students schools). You are welcome to listen to the Testimonials of Students supported by our Trust. Comments from beneficiaries are also there on Home Page . For the academic year 2021-2022, the number of students provided financial assistance is around 240.
4) We conduct TB Awareness Campaigns in Schools, Colleges and other Institutions. Through our Campaigns we have reached thousands of students other citizens and made presentations to them about the menace of TB. The pandemic has negatively affected our TB Campaign.
5) We run Computer Literacy Drive in two Municipal Schools in Nerul, Navi Mumbai, and in a Zilla Parishad School in Vasheni Village ( Uran, Raigad Dist.). The pandemic has temporarily forced us to stop these classes. We have restarted the computer classes in the Zilla Parishad School.
In the month of August 2021, we started Microsoft Computer Course and Typing Course for all needy students at Stree Mukti Sanghatana Koperkhairane office. There are no charges for the course. Almost 90 students have completed the Course.
6) Vocational Courses : We have undertaken the programme of empowering women by starting Tailoring , Auto Driving and Beauticians classes for needy ladies. More than 70 ladies have already completed the Tailoring Course, 16 ladies will soon get their Auto Driving Licence and 16 ladies have started working on becoming Beauticians.
7) We have started a Science & Technology Club in a Municipal School in Nerul, Navi Mumbai. We have been conducting Inter-School Science & Technology Competitions ( Project Named — KHOJ ). Last year it was conducted Online and was made open to students from across Indian Schools. Based on the wonderful response, we have decided to conduct the competition henceforth as an All India Competition. This year we have started sending out invitations to participate in KHOJ 4.
8) Vasheni Village, URAN: We have upgraded the Senior students School and the Zilla Parishad School in Vasheni Village. We are doing small projects with the three Anganwadis of Vasheni village in Uran.
9) In a small way we provide Medical Assistance to the Needy.
10) General : We conduct different programmes based on needs. Recently we provided Tarpualins as protection against rains to 61 families in CBD Belapur & New Panvel hutment areas.
11) Some Testimonials. A Testimony of our commitment.
12) Our book of accounts are always open to any interested person.
13) And our Trust is just Eight Years Old..
Wish to Donate? In case you are satisfied and wish to make a Donation for a Noble Cause through us, please draw out a Cheque in the name of SHREERAM RADHAKRISHNAN MEMORIAL TRUST and post it our official address. Please include the following details along with your cheque – PAN no., Contact No. , and your address.
Post it to our Official Address : SHREERAM RADHAKRISHNAN MEMORIAL TRUSTD 28, Lavika Palace CHS Ltd., Plot No. 255-258, 263-267 Sector 21,Nerul, Navi Mumbai-400706, Contact Person/Mobile Number : R. Radhakrishnan – 9224284929
In case you wish to make the donation through NEFT/RTGS, the Trust bank details are given hereunder :Punjab National Bank ( PNB ); Nerul Station Branch ( E), 400706. Account name : SHREERAM RADHAKRISHNAN MEMORIAL TRUST ; A/ C No. 08922191001548 ; IFS CODE : PUNB0089210.
Please ensure to send us the details of your transfer and also – Name of Donor, PAN no., Contact No. , and your address. We need the details to prepare the donation receipt and will send the same to you at the earliest.
You may make a Corpus Donation in memory of someone you love. In this case the amount received under Corpus Donation will be kept as a FD with our bank and the interest therefrom used for Charitable purposes as advised by the Donor (the request should fall within the area of the approved Trust Deed – Education and Medical being the Thrust areas of our Trust). To treat the donation as corpus donation we will need a letter in writing from the donor expressing his/her wish to treat the donation as a corpus donation. If such a request is not received then the donation will have to be treated as Voluntary contribution which then normally has to be spent on charitable purposes the same year.
Note : Our Public Charitable Trust is registered under IT act ( Registration No. 46735 ). We have 80 G Certification and the Number of the ‘ CERTIFICATE UNDER SECTION 80-G OF I.T. ACT ‘ for our Trust is DIT(E)/BC/80G/510/2014-15. Hence any Donation received by our Trust will qualify for exemption under 80 G of the Income Tax Act.
We have also got approval from the MHA ( Ministry of Home Affairs) for Registration under Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010….We are one of the few who have received the approval in the past few years…implying that the quality of our work is good and our books are well maintained. Our sincere thanks to MHA for the approval. We are eligible to receive donations from foreigners and Indians holding foreign passports under FCRA.
We are also approved and listed on Benevity Giving Platform.
The names and contacts of the nine Trustees are available in the following link : Our Team